Information about Renta Solutions NV/SA
Renta Solutions NV/SA, a public limited liability company registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0503.995.766 and with registered offices located at Leuvensesteenweg 369, 1932 Zaventem, Belgium, (hereinafter referred to as “rS”), is a provider of ICT-solutions for the Automotive industry.
As part of its activities and services, rS processes, amongst others, personal data of its clients (leasing companies, dealers, tyre fitters, groupes of tyre fitters) and of the persons who use the ICT-platforms of rS for these clients. With respect to such processing activities, rS qualifies as “processor” and is responsible for the protection of your personal data. In this capacity, rS strives to be compliant with applicable data protection legislation, such as, as of 25 May 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “Regulation” or “GDPR”) and any applicable national laws implementing the EU Directive 95/46 on the processing of personal data or further completing the GDPR.
Your privacy is important to us.
What activities are concerned by data collection?
This Policy applies to all sources of data collected and processed by rS in the context of its various business activities such as the use of the rS-platforms, its website, etc.
Whose personal data are being processed?
We may collect and process your personal data if you are among the following categories:
• Clients (corporate);
• Client’s employees authorized by the clients to use our platforms;
• Contact persons of clients in the context of sending digital invoices and/or reminders;
• In the context of FMS : driver data;
• Website visitors/users;
How do we collect your personal data?
rS may collect your personal data in a variety of ways.
• when we interact with you (e.g. when you contact rS, rS may keep a record of that correspondence) ;
• when you fill out an online form
• when you create an account on our website, etc.
• We may ask you to complete surveys used for research or improvement purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• We may record details of your visits to our website.
• We may also collect information about your computer or device, such as the IP address, the operating system or the browser type. This information is collected for the proper administration and functioning of our websites. Cookies are used to collect this information.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal data:
• Identification and contact information, such as your name, last name, email address (login to our platforms), professional contact details ; language preference.
Cookies and other Tracking Tools
In order to provide you with a better experience, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies.
For which purposes do we use your personal data?
rS processes your personal data for the following purposes, as may be applicable, and any other purposes that may be compatible therewith:
• To create and administer the client accounts (logins).
• To communicate with you: you can contact us by various means (via our website, via telephone, via email, ...) in order to ask questions, request information, give your comments, etc. We will use your personal data to communicate with you or to answer your questions.
• For invoicing and accounting (invoicing, payments collection, etc.).
• To manage disputes (collection of unpaid amounts, lawyer files, ...).
• For Websites, Cookies & Newsletters: we may collect information through cookies to provide us with an enhanced experience and improve your browsing experience notably to store your preferences and parameters to save you time (such as languages preferences), enable log in, fight against fraud, and analyze the performance of our website and services. This information helps us enhance our web sites and apps and better understand the products and services you would prefer.
On which basis do we process your personal data?
rS processes your personal data based on the following legitimate grounds, as the case may be:
• The performance of the agreement you have with rS;
• Your prior and informed consent, where required;
• The legitimate interests of rS or a third party, in so far as these interests override your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms, such as, as the case may be, to detect and prevent money laundering, to conduct counterparty due diligence, to provide you with useful information, etc.
Who do we share your personal data with?
To provide our services, we occasionally need to use partners or processors for the purposes described above. We limit our sharing of your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
• With internal business departments such as sales, helpdesk, IT services, support and maintenance.
• With our service providers such as: data hosting service providers, IT providers ;
• With public authorities when required to do so by law ;
• In connection with a bankruptcy proceeding, to enforce our rights and protect our property.
We understand that you do not want us to provide your personal data directly to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
Please note that we may also use and disclose personal data about you that is not personally identifiable i.e. personal data in an aggregate form that no longer identifies you.
How is your personal data stored and transferred?
rS aims to ensure that your personal data are:
• Protected against accidental or intentional destruction / loss;
• Properly used; and
• Not accessible to unauthorized persons.
How long do we keep your personal data?
In general, we retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in Section « For which purposes do we use your personal data? » of this Policy, or according to the relevant laws in force. For example, we retain your personal data only as long as necessary having regard to your business relationship with rS and, if applicable, the termination thereof, or as long as required to comply with rS’s legal obligations. In case of litigation, we may keep your personal data until the litigation is fully resolved. We will then either delete or archive it according to applicable law.
We may sometimes be required, on the demand of leasing companies, to process data relating to judicial information, such as fines, traffic offences,… Use of the FMS platform to transfer data to the database of the Crossroads Bank for Vehicles. In collaboration with the Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport and the Federal Police, rS has developed an IT platform called Fines Management Services (FMS) to manage the fines related to leased or rented vehicles and to easily identify the usual driver of a vehicle owned by a leasing company or a rental company. This platform allows the authorities to collect the identification data of the usual driver of a vehicle via the database of the Crossroads Bank for Vehicles ("Database"). The Database allows the competent authorities to contact potential offenders directly without any involvement of the leasing company or the employer of the concerned person, therefore enhancing its right to privacy. In this respect, the following personal data of the driver are transferred to the FMS database: last name, first name, birthdate and license plate number. The Directorate-General for Mobility and Traffic Safety of the Federal Public Service for Mobility and Transport is the data controller of the personal data contained in the Database (Article 6 of the Law of 19 May 2010 establishing the Crossroads Bank for Vehicles). Renta ASBL is assigned by law as the entity responsible for the primary collection and actualization of such data in the Database (Article 13 of the Royal Decree of 8 July 2013 further implementing the Law of 19 May 2010).
How do we ensure the security and integrity of your personal information?
We protect your data through technical and organizational security measures against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Where we outsource any data processing, we impose contractual obligations to protect your information.
Contact person GDPR at rS
You may exercise a number of rights with regard to the processing of your personal data vis-à-vis rS, in so far as you effectively have those rights under applicable data protection legislation, such as the GDPR. To exercise the rights set out in this section at any time, please contact the Data Protection Correspondent of rS at firstname.lastname@example.org